These are delicious dipped in regular milk, but if you serve them to Matthias you’d better have Milo.
½ cup old-fashioned oats (no instant oats, the real deal or nothing at all)
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temp
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 cup granulated sugar (otherwise known as white sugar if you’re not Jayden)
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 ounces English toffee candy, finely chopped
2 cups (or one 12 ounce bag) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1) Preheat oven to 325◦F.
2) Butter or oil a baking sheet.
3) Finely chop oats in a food processor (or blender).
4) In a medium bowl mix the chopped oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
5) Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and both sugars in a large bowl until nice and fluffy, then beat in eggs and vanilla.
6) Add the flour mixture to the sugary mixture and stir until blended.
7) Stir in toffee pieces and chocolate chips.
8) Spacing them 1 inch apart, put tablespoon sized balls of dough onto the baking sheet. Don’t flatten the dough!
9) Bake until cookies are golden, about 12 to 15 minutes.
10) Let them cool for 5 minutes then dig in!