Warning, the genius doesn’t bake the simple things, but these are terrific as a calming influence after demon attacks.
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon fine salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick)
6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
2 large eggs
1 large yolk (separating the white from the yolk isn’t that hard, I promise!)
1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup white chocolate chips
1) Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together in a medium bowl.
2) Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
3) Remove pan from the heat, add the bittersweet chocolate, then set aside until melted.
4) Whisk the eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla together in a medium bowl.
5) Slowly whisk the chocolate in with the egg mixture.
6) Stir in the flour mixture to make a loose dough. Don’t overwork the dough.
7) Fold in the chips.
8) Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
9) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (or 325 if convection option is available).
10) Butter/oil up a baking sheet, or line it with parchment paper.
11) Form dough into balls, about 2 inches each, and put on the prepared baking sheet an inch apart.
12) Bake until outside is crackly, but the center is still moist, about 12 to 15 minutes.